Oxygym Climbing Shoe
Ever since your climbing gym ran a locals-only special, that’s your life: you climb, climb, and then climb some more, ruing your mammal status and wishing you were an arachnid. Whether you’re a sport climbing newbie or on a first-name basis with the crew at your gym, the La Sportiva Oxygym Climbing Shoe gives you all-day comfort and the confidence necessary to experience some highs off the ground.
Synthetic material tends to stretch less than leather, so the fit you feel from the first time is not too different from the fit you’ll get after several weeks of wear. Minimal asymmetry and a neutral profile make it easy to wear this grippy shoe for hours on end whether you’re working on slabby under-vert or slightly over-vert problems. The round toe accommodates a variety of surfaces, be it a top-rope line at the gym or rock outside. The patented hook-and-loop closure system gives you two points of adjustment for a highly personal fit as well as the ability for rapid outfit changes. Slip-lasted construction takes away a bit of the stiffness so your wait for the wall isn’t a foot-wrenching experience.
FriXion RS rubber on the bottom is the stickiest sole La Sportiva offers. AirTex Silver lining manages foot moisture and minimizes shoe stink by creating an environment hostile to odor-causing bugs. The 1.8mm LaspoFlex midsole gives this shoe a thin shot of torsional rigidity while offering some cushion from below, and an anti-shock EVA heel insert means walking on flat land isn’t total torture. Triple-layer WashTex fabric lets you throw this shoe in the machine when it starts to walk towards the car on its own.
- Comfortable climbing shoe made for multi-pitches and gyms
- Flat profile with low asymmetry gives the utmost comfort
- Washable, durable WashTex upper with breathable AirTex lining
- LaspoFlex midsole with EVA heel for shock absorption
- Frixion rubber sole gives traction on rock and plastic
- Upper Material: WashTex (3-layer), microfiber
- Lining: AirTex Silver
- Closure: hook-and-loop straps
- Midsole: LaspoFlex (1.8mm), [heel] EVA
- Rubber: Frixion (5mm)
- Profile: flat
- Asymmetrical Curvature: moderate
- Claimed Weight: 7.13oz
- Recommended Use: climbing
- Manufacturer Warranty: 1 year