Why We Like The TX3 Approach Shoe
A burlier version of the TX2, La Sportiva’s TX3 Approach Shoe is what we lace up for everything from high ridge crossings to brushy approaches with multiple creek crossings. The shoe’s lightweight polyester mesh upper is breathable for hot summer days and dumps water quickly.
The shoe is supported by a full-wrap rubber rand for extra protection from abrasive terrain, and is fitted with a Vibram Techlite toe rand for extra purchase on more technical approaches. Underfoot, La Sportiva gave the the TX3 its MEMlex midsole for comfortable cushioning and added a Vibram MegaGrip sole for a sure-footed feel on high, exposed traverses.
- Approach shoe built for technical trails in warm weather
- Breathable mesh upper with rubber rand for durability
- Vibram Megagrip rubber with Impact Brake System for traction
- Traverse Injection MEMlex midsole maintains shock absorption
- Upper Material: polyester mesh
- Lining: non-slip mesh
- Closure: lace
- Last: Traverse, strobel lasted
- Midsole: MEMlex compression-molded EVA & SBR
- Sole: Vibram Megagrip rubber
- Claimed Weight: 12.5oz
- Manufacturer Warranty: 1 year
- Activity: hiking, climbing