Racetron Alpine Touring Boot
With a softer flex, La Sportiva’s Racetron Alpine Touring Boot is an excellent introduction to ski mountaineering competitions. It’s the only race boot that La Sportiva makes entirely out of Grilamid, which is softer than carbon and nearly as light, but is easier and less expensive to make. As such, the Racetron’s Grilamid construction is softer, more forgiving, and a less-pricey option for skiers looking to get into the race game.
La Sportiva designed the boot with powerful performance, extreme efficiency, and incredible comfort in mind. The innovative Spider Ratchet grants a solid closure with only two buckles, and the upper buckle is connected to the CavoBike Lever Pro walk mode so you can open or close both at the same time, resulting in quicker transitions from hike to ski. Its last is moderately wide compared to other race boots, and the liner is thermo moldable to customize your foot shape for even more comfort.
- Race boot is a great introduction to ski mountaineering competitions
- Softer flex feels more forgiving for younger or beginner racers
- Moderately wide last ensures comfort for most foot shapes
- CavoBike Lever Pro walk mode connects to buckle for fast transitions
- Racetron liner is thermo moldable for customized comfort
- RaceGrip sole includes sharp lugs for a good grip when you’re moving fast
- Shell Material: Grilamid
- Flex: soft
- Last Width: 100.4mm
- Buckles: Spider Buckle Evo
- Lean Angle: 14°, 16°, 18°, 20°
- Walk Mode: CavoBike Lever Pro, 75° range of motion [front] 40° [back] 35°
- Thermo-moldable Liner: Racetron Liner
- Liner Closure: power strap
- Footbed: EVA internal shank
- Binding Compatibility: tech
- Sole: La Sportiva RaceGrip
- Claimed Weight: 1lb 13oz
- Recommended Use: randonee, ski mountaineering
- Manufacturer Warranty: 1 year
There are no reviews yet.